Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

gear update


Thanks so much for all the baby product advice! I love hearing what has worked and hasn't from people.
According to some of your emails/messages, I might not have been real clear on the infant carrier. We have this infant carrier in gray (it's called romantic most places). (It's actually on a truck being shipped to us right now. And there's a good story behind it-My uncle called one night asking about car seats. He had done some research and then found out which one we were wanting. He was wanting to know if it would be okay with us if he got it for us. How awesome is that? We have good family!) (I guess the story is better if you know my uncle).
It comes with one base and after much deliberation, we decided not to purchase a second base for R's car. Baby H will rarely (if ever) need to ride in R's car. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ridden in it this year (just for hauling stuff- hello Junk Bonanza). Other than hauling stuff, R only uses it for work. So we decided against the 2nd base but we have a good friend that offered to loan us theirs once their little guys have outgrown them (which is soon... tear). (We have good friends!)

On a somewhat related note.... my latest struggle in preparing Baby H's space is finding boy fabrics that match the ideas I have in my head for a nursery. I know this will apply to way less of you- but is there anyone that reads this blog that buys fabric online and knows of some great places to get fabrics? I love Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry and the like but I'm not really finding the boy colors I'm wanting (teals, greys, vintage blue, aquas, mustard, etc).

And yes, I'm thankful this is today's struggle. I know there are much bigger things in life to worry about. My brother has already told me how silly it is to spend so much time and effort into designing a space for a child that wont care. (However, he told me within the same hour how he likes my decor and what a good job I do with it so his nursery opinion was discounted.) My heart really aches for my friends struggling today because they long for a baby to hold and I know they couldn't care less about a nursery. My heart is aching today for those whose babies went Home too soon and should be here in their momma's arms today. I know the way our baby's nursery looks is a very minor detail that doesn't matter to most. But it matters to me. As I would sit in our guest room, rocking several other people's babies to sleep, I would pray that God's will would be done in my life. And I would often ask him if that will would someday have me rocking my own baby in a nursery up there. I'm so thankful that He has given us this day to worry about nursery fabrics.
On a related note... I appreciate those of you that chimed in with a resounding 'no' to the wallpaper border debate. R says he wasn't actually wanting it... he just thought that's what you were supposed to do in a nursery. ;)
Love to you today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...