Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The View From Here

Here's the view I've been getting a lot of lately......
Photobucket

Yep. That's a bump.
(I think it actually looks bigger in photos and mirrors than real life... at least that's what I tell myself.) ;)

Bump is such a funny word for miracle but I'm embracing it.

We sent out an email last week announcing little one's gender and the majority of responses was, "WHAT?!? You're pregnant?!?!" Turns out most of the free world doesn't follow me on twitter or pinterest. (You are on pinterest, right?)

So I realized maybe that bump could make an appearance on the blog. And as the writer of this blog, I made that happen. Nice how that works out, huh?

Now from the bump diaries.....
as I was slaving over the stove (yes I was barefoot but that has nothing to do with my story and you shouldn't have wondered), my bump bumped into the stovetop. I thought to myself, wow for about two hours I forgot I was pregnant. I had felt good with no emotional outbreaks for two whole hours. Then as if on cue- there's a heart wrenching story on the Nate Berkus show. I start bawling. No, it was not the story about the lady with cancer in the hope room. The one about the college kid working at UPS to pay for their tuition. Baby H has a long time before college though. Right?.... Right?!? Someone please tell me I'm right. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...