Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

blog worthy?


As I was doing the 20th+ load of laundry today I realized our laundry room didn't have dirty clothes on the floor for the first time since I started doing photography. This was great. This was amazing. This was SO blog worthy. Well maybe not that last one, but I was definitely excited about it. Excited enough that it made me start to organize the craft corner a little bit (really my laundry room is a craft room disguised as a dirty laundry room- it's a work in progress). And as I started organizing the craft corner I found fabric for flowers. Which reminded me I needed to make Kylie's headband flower. Which reminded me I still hadn't found the fabric I bought for burp cloths and bibs. So I dug through the fabric until I found it. And remembered I had been wanting to make one of those burp cloths or bibs for a long time. So I made a bib.

I know you're comparing me to a mouse right now. Or a pig. Or the moose.

But look at this bib. I know you aren't impressed but it's the first thing I've sewn for fun in a LONG time. That's a big deal.


And don't worry, while I may have cried in the fabric store yesterday thinking the boy fabric was all ugly, I don't think it's ugly enough to make our poor little guy wear pink and purple. I'll pawn this off on the next little girl I see.

(You can make a bib too! Use the bib tutorial from Raechel over at Finding my Feet. Thanks, Raechel!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...