Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Kylie Dedication



On Sunday, sweet Kylie was dedicated at church. I was the crazy lady at the front of the church trying to get a decent picture from my purse camera. But it was okay because I loved the front row seat to where this family is at right now.



(side bar- check out the thumbs up)

Gabe and his brother singing 'Before the Morning.'



I posted the song Before the Morning back in December. I vividly remember sitting on the couch with Ang, tears in eyes, waiting for 'morning.' When Kylie was born in January, it seemed far from 'morning' type of news. Sweet baby Kylie was born with a special heart. I posted this in January:

We were talking about the song "Before the Morning" and how not quite a month ago we were both so sure the morning was coming soon. Then within a few weeks, it seemed like the morning wasn't here yet. But my friend helped me realize that our idea of dark and morning could be completely different from God's idea of dark and morning. I wonder how many times in our lives He's protected us from things we couldn't imagine.

As Gabe sang "Before The Morning" at church on Sunday, the slideshow of Kylie played in the background. I lost it. The pictures of her in NICU took me back to the very moment that shutter was pressed (on that same little purse camera). I very clearly remember my friend's hand resting on the incubator as she longed to touch her little girl.
My knees ached as I was flooded with memories of falling to my knees in front of that same little bed. I remember pleading with God to protect this little girl that I already loved so much. As I tried to fight back the tears Sunday, I was reminded of fighting back tears so many times this winter, trying hard not to cry in front of my friend.

As I sit here today and look at more recent pictures of Kylie, my heart is filled with joy. I feel so blessed when I look at where she was and where she is. She still has a special heart but we know who her Healer is.




"Now to Him that is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." -Ephesians 3:20

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...