Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Worries

I was getting ready to write a post about worrying and while trying to look for this post I found this post. Mmm... I guess it's something I didn't think I did but apparently I've struggled with it more than I remember.

But really. Other than that (and, you know, a few million other times), I rarely worry. So when I woke up screaming a couple nights ago because I thought there was a tornado outside, it was a little out of character.
I guess tornadoes weren't as scary before I felt responsible for someone else's safety. Now that I'm carrying this little guy, I feel like it's my job to keep him safe in a way no one else can right now. So when I thought the tornado was going to suck me away (taking him with me), I worried.

Financially, I am not the worrier. Really. Despite what that post says, I really don't worry about it. I've never needed to because R has worried enough for the both of us. :)
But now, we are going to very soon become a one (1 1/2? 2?) income family at a time we are going to need more income than ever. This last year, we basically had 3 full-time incomes and nearly 2/3s of that is going away (I'll still be doing photography but it will be limited this fall and the winter after the new year is always a slow time for it).
I got a little worried.

I set up my fall photography schedule and prayed that it would somehow get filled. I knew it was maybe a little over zealous of me to think I could fill all the slots I put on that schedule but I was hoping that maybe, somehow, it would work out.
Well, I think God was trying to prove a point to me. By 12:09 am (I allowed for booking to start at midnight), ALL of my September sessions were booked. Really. In fact, I added two to the schedule for people that emailed at 12:01 but went to junk mail (I felt bad for them- they set alarms to get up and everything!).

So as I woke up this morning with a fear of R leaving for the day (for absolutely no reason at all except maybe my hormones?), God said, really? Haven't we already been through this? I've got this. Now stop worrying.

And the slow learner that I am is going to really trust Him this time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...