Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Class Reunion


Last weekend, we headed south for my 10 year class reunion (I know I look about 8 years too young to be having one...... or not).
We met at the Woodshed (despite it's 'backwoods' sound it's actually a really great place!). We had a low key hang out for lunch and the afternoon, ran home to take a quick nap, and went straight back out for the DJ. We were out there about a total of 9 hours. This mama was swollen and exhausted by the end of the night but it was a great time! So fun to see everyone! (Well.... everyone that showed up....)

Here's part of the class of 2001. It's the worst picture of me from the group but the only one where I wasn't blocking out C.W. behind me. The boys gave me a hard time for being large enough to block him out. Har har.

Here's Jill. I have so many great memories with her from growing up. Lemonade stands with rabbit mascots. Sleepovers. Being managers of the year. We were just awesome. Unlike me, she still is. You can read about her and the IT guy on her blog.

Tabitha and her cute family also have a blog. I know you recognize her girls from the {cb}h blog. EVERYONE messaged me on how cute they are. When we were growing up, Tab hosted the best slumber parties.

My best friend. Who graduated way earlier than 2001. ;)

Clintner is my earliest friend I remember (that wasn't a relative). I spent a lot of time at my grandma's and he lived right across the street. I have so many memories with this crazy guy! He and his wife, Reagen, have the sweetest girl named Piper. I love this family!

Laci (on the left) is one of my favorite in-laws. She is married to Mark (in the red, third from the right above- whom I didn't get a picture of with his wife) who was one of my college roommates and pretty much my brother. Laci pretty much lived with us too. (Unless her mom is reading this- then she went back to her own place every night.) Laci was a couple years younger than us in school but one of my best friends through high school and college. I just love her! (And Raegen too who is in the middle. Unlike me, she changed after sitting in the hot sun all day.)


Zach graduated a year ahead of us but ironically enough, more people asked where he was throughout the day than people from our actual class. He did show up for the daytime part of the reunion but after several people had already left. And obviously he was there that night. Zach is another one of my college roomies and is most definitely like a brother to me. I'm not sure if he treats me or (his actual sister) Sarah the worst (okay it's Sarah) but we know it's because he loves us the most. I probably have the most memories with him but likely because he reminds me all the time with his legendary stories. :) And ladies, he's quite the eligible bachelor if you are interested. :)


There's a few more people from my class that I absolutely love that, unfortunately, didn't make it to the reunion. Some of my very best friends to this day are people that have known me forever. There's just something about knowing someone from the time you are 3 that makes for a pretty special friendship. I always forget how much I miss all these guys until I'm with them again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...