Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me!

I've always read the "not me's," never posted. Guess I needed the free therapy this week ;) (er, I mean I didn't)!



I did not host two different parties at our house this weekend (that would be crazy). And while preparing for one of the parties (not a Hannah Montana birthday party), I did not leave the little girls music playing birthday card out on the kitchen counter all week so I could open it up and listen to the song. That song is not at all catchy and does not at all get stuck in your head. What grown adult would actually enjoy listening to Hannah Montana (or is it Miley Cyrus, I'm confused?)? Definitely not me!I am not covered in bug bites because I did not sit at my favorite spot and read all night without bug spray. And I most certainly did not do it multiple nights in a row. Who would be stupid enough to do that? Not me!
I did not almost forget to get one of the prizes for our yard games party. So I did not decide some Dairy Queen coupons would be just as good of a prize as a Dairy Queen gift card.... I would not do something that tacky!And while preparing for said party, I did not entice one of my very best friends to frost the birthday cake because I was "so busy." I did not entice said friend by filling her glass with Moscato. While this friend was frosting the cake (because I was "so busy") who would just sit and watch?? Not Me!

And while I'm at it... I might as well throw this out there too. I did not wake up just 15 minutes before church started today (its a 10 minute drive) and go anyway, sans shower. I did not decide it would be okay anyway because I took a perfume bath before going... I am so very not sorry to the people that sat near me. That crazy, worn out from the weekend, sore from the gunny sack race, smelly person was definitely not me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...