Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wedding Party & Flowers

Kelly's "Show Us" this week: Wedding Party and Flowers

Rusty & I are blessed to have great friends and family. I always thought I'd have a tiny wedding party, but it was so hard to keep the numbers small. (So we didn't). We included as much family as we could. We made up jobs/titles because we had so much family and friends we wanted to include. Here is a picture of us with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. (And also, our nephew Colson, as Rusty's sister (next to him) was pregnant with Colson at the time)

I LOVED my flowers. I wanted to do hydrangeas but had been advised not to because they do not hold up well and it was the end of July when we got married. I opted to get fake ones and made my own bouquets. Mine was cream and the bridesmaids were green. Most of the girls gave theirs back to me and I use them to decorate (one of) our Christmas tree(s) at Christmas.

Tied to my bouquet, I had a photo of my grandma on her wedding day and her and grandpa's rings. Grandma was an amazing woman and it was so great to have those things close to me on my wedding day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...