Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

Kelly's "Show Us" today is wedding dresses.

This week marks our 2nd wedding anniversary. What perfect timing for the wedding dress post.

I loved my wedding dress. I bought (okay, my mom bought) the actual dress at Schaffers. I liked it. But didn't love it as is.

So then I went to Dornink and had my jacket made. I had sketched what I wanted my dress to look like and went everywhere to find something similiar. No luck. Now, you see the cap sleeve lace look everywhere.... That's about par for me!

I ordered some double face satin Midori ribbon online to make into a sash. And made my veil out of some simple tulle. The sash cost about $10 (vs. $89 and the bridal shoppe) and the veil cost $3 (versus $250). (Sorry, Schaffers and Dornink aren't that cheap.... but at least you can save money in other ways!)

Anyway, here's the dress that I loved!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...