Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What you think about, you bring about

A mentor to one of my very best friends one time told me, "What you think about, you bring about." I know.... those of you that know me well will be surprised that' I got that quote from someone else... but I do like to say it.
"What you think about, you bring about" has been a quote I fall back on a lot. Many times, my husband would be saying how everything bad happens to him, (ie: it will not rain because we got new sod) and I would remind him... "What you think about, you bring about."
I often questioned if it was biblical, but for some reason, never researched it (I know... again, those of you that know me well are surprised by this).
Well, I was watching Joel Esteen the other day and turns out it is! (Okay, he didn't exactly say "What you think about you bring about" but just hear me out...)
The bible says we will eat the fruit of our words:
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. -Proverbs 18:21

Even though things seem rough (anyone else had to stop production on a house for a month while waiting on trusses to arrive? letting the bills stack up....) praise God. Say things as they are not (Lord, thank You for the blessings of our house. Thank you for making this a good experience for us). So building our house was tough, but we continue to praise Him and thank Him. And in the end, He blessed us greatly.

As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. -Romans 4:17

Let the redeemed of the LORD say this—
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe. --Psalm 107:2

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. --Psalm 91:2-3

It doesn't always happen overnight (the trusses took a month, the house project went four months longer than planned on... yup, that's a lot of bills piling up....). But hold steadfast. Keep thanking Him, keep praising Him. He is good. He is always good. Even when we cannot see it.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. --Hebrews 10:23

And hun, don't forget, He will provide the rain for your sod!

Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. --Zechariah 10:1

And He will turn those mountains into molehills:

What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then He will bring out the capstone to shouts of "God bless it! God bless it!" --Zechariah 4:7


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...