Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blessings

Sometimes I feel like sitting around and whining about things that aren't blessings. Then I look around and see all of the great things in my life. It's those times that I feel bad for whining. And it's those times that I praise God for all that He blesses us with everyday.

Like when my husband unexpectedly brings home pineapple from the store in the middle of a long winter.

And then makes breakfast dinner and only asks for a teeny bit of help.

And lets me bum around all day when I don't feel good (yes, he picked the camera up unbeknownst to me. yes the next picture is of me looking at him with the "what the heck?" expression. yes those photos encouraged me to shower the grease out of my hair.).

And to top off those blessings in an otherwise crummy day, God blesses us with a beautiful sunset. From a sun that we haven't seen much of lately. Isn't God great?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...