Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Movers & Painters

Beth Moore sparked a debate this week about movers and non-movers on her blog when she asked readers if they liked to rearrange their furniture or if they found a spot for it and kept it there.
I am a mover that owns non-mover furniture. Because our sectional and tv are so massive and because of our open floor plan, I'm not sure if there's another arrangement that would work for our living room. Or dining room for that matter. I often stand in the middle of our house and picture our dining room table facing the other way... then decide that just cant happen.
So while I'm itching to move my furniture but feel stuck... I grab the paint brush and paint. Walls, furniture, frames, pictures, etc, etc, etc. Our master bedroom and bath have each been painted (at least) three times since we built the house (just over a year ago). My husband tells our dog not to lay still too long or he may wake up a different color.

Exhibit A:

Before:

After:
(Note the nightstand and the pillows (in the second picture I hadn't yet sewn the pillows... I need to take some updated pictures). Oh, and if you were here when I was debating the latest color... I realize this is a bit different from the teal I was looking at. I just cant help it!)



So if being a mover really is a psychological disorder, what about someone that does not move the furniture but paints the walls. Or worse, someone that often paints the walls but refuses to stray away from a white blog background.........
How about you? As we start a new year, are you mixing up your furniture? painting your walls? changing your blog background? Or keeping it all the same?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...