Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Love Saturdays

I'm actually up and (almost) ready for church on time today. So I thought I'd post an update of what we've been up to (since the rest of today is pretty full and will deserve it's own post later)!

Friday- I can't remember what my excuse was for not blogging. I can't even remember what we did that night....

Saturday- Started with a photography class. It was a lot of fun. I already knew a lot of what we did, but learned some fun new stuff to try out. Also learned I was going all about macro photos completely wrong.
And now have a better way to take them. I've been using many of my lenses for the wrong situations. Switched them up a bit and got much better results. SO much fun.

After class, I couldn't find my keys. This is not typical of me. It stressed me out. I retraced my steps and looked everywhere. Turns out they were in my ignition with the doors unlocked. Not so much fun.
I ran some errands after class (to finish some prep for this afternoon...). When I got home, Rusty and I ran out for a bit. Mostly to get groceries but we made a couple pit stops before the grocery store. I'll post pictures (as soon as I take some) of what we brought home. It's not a big deal, but something I'm really happy about!

We then went out to eat with Sara and James. We hadn't seen them since October so we were long overdue. We went to the ISU basketball game. James gave me another photography lesson and has me wanting more accessories for the Canon. (I know.. I'm fixing my eyes on things above right now and not on things of this world.)

Rusty's cousin's daughter (did you follow that?) performed with her gymnastics group for halftime. She is a little stud.
And I'll have to post about today later... but I'm excited about it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...