Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cooking Onesies on a Saturday Night


What to do when home alone on a Saturday night? Cook onsies, of course!
Remember that fabric that was begging me to stay home last night? Well It actually got attention today.
My original, original plan was to make a onesie for our friends' little girl. She turns one next month and I begged her mom to let me take pictures of her. Since she's the only girl in a family of tons of little boys, I wanted to make her a pink onesie. I originally was going to do an iron on design like I'd done in the past. Then opted for appliques instead.
When I went to the store, there were some toddler shirts on clearance for just over $2. I couldn't let them just sit there; I had to bring them home.
So my new original plan was to make shirts for my niece and nephews and cousin's kiddos too. Because Valentines is coming up (or something...).
So I made a few boy shirts, a couple girly shirts, and had some dyed onesies leftover.
They were okay.. but the cupcake onesie was lacking something.
So the new plan was to add ruffles.
I like ruffles.
So there ya go. The exciting life of a basketball coach's wife on a Saturday night.






Did I mention I like ruffles???
Total project cost: $18.80 for 6 shirts.


PS- Amy- there's (some of) the fabrics' new homes. (And Jett can thank me when he is older for restraining on the ruffled onesies.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...