Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 on... Thursday?




I keep thinking I'll do a '10 on Tuesday' post but it seems like every Tuesday lately I've been swamped. I'm on a much needed lunch break from work and decided to distract myself with a 10 on... Thursday instead.


1. R is back at school. It's been quite the transition for us with me staying home but we may actually be settling into our new normal. Our new normal includes a clean kitchen so we're mostly liking it so far.


2. We went to the Straw Poll in Ames. My brother had free tickets so he 'took us out for lunch' for my birthday. Generous of him, huh? :) (In case you didn't know- there's tons of free food/goodies at the straw poll.) We had LOTS of great food, filled a few goodie bags with freebies, and learned more about some of the candidates. I don't consider myself Republican but I did enjoy the event. (Oh please don't misread that and think I'm Democrat. I'm most definitely not. I tend to lean towards being conservative and Biblically correct which is quite often not politically correct. But that's a whole other post that will probably not make it's way to this little blog.) It was a great day but I ended the long day laying under a tree waiting on R to trek to the car and bring it back to get me. I'm sure I looked 'neat' there.


3. I lied. I didn't end the day under that tree. Once we got home and re-energized, we went out to eat with some good friends. They let me choose desert and even sat by the duck pond with me while we ate. How corny fun is that?


4. I've been craving pancakes for the last several months. Cant get enough of them. R is trying really hard to perfect his pancake recipe. We've had several lessons at the H house. On my actual birthday, he brought me pancakes in bed at my desk (because I was already up and working that day) with a candle. He's a keeper.


5. We've been rearranging, repurposing, and really cleaning things out around here. I figure if I'm going to be spending so much time here, I need to start liking the way it looks again. R has been a big help in this by bringing me home flowers from the grocery store. The newest ones are my favorite but I'm too lazy to get a picture so this will have to do. Told you he's a keeper.


6. I found this 90 second cake recipe on Pinterest and tried it out. At 11:30 pm. Not as good as the yogurt version but not too bad.


7. Because of things like 90 second cake close to midnight, I was super worried about 'the orange drink' test. But great news- I passed!! The nurse was SO excited for me. :) However, soon after the Dr came in with more lab results that no one was excited about and I've been doing more testing this week. I finish up with them tonight and will get labs at the end. Hopefully we'll get good news and wont need anymore done until our next regular appointment (in a couple weeks). I'm feeling pretty good about it thanks to my prayer warriors. They are good to me.


8. I got a package in the mail from my mom yesterday. She had taken Mo back to school shopping to pick out some clothes. Mo wasn't interested in getting things for herself- she wanted to pick out things for her new baby cousin instead. Doesn't that just make you're heart happy? It did mine.


9. The upstairs tv is one of the things we've cleaned out! It's been with us since Creston and the story goes that it's how I won R's heart forever (well one version of the story....). We had always planned on putting it in our basement here and it never made it's way down there. (R weaseled his way into a new one for downstairs.) We had some friends over the other night. R mentioned selling it and all of a sudden we found ourselves on the good end of a bidding war. He couldn't justify keeping it then so we said our goodbyes. (And then went to watch her in our friends' basement that night. Ha.)



10. Baby H is growing right along. He's an active little guy, moving often and reaching his '10 kick count' in a matter of just a few minutes. He totally loves attention from his daddy and snacks. Lots of snacks. We are obviously excited to meet him, but we do hope it's not for a little while longer. Keep growing, little guy!! (updated: I just put this screenshot for visual interest and because I like the visual of weeks. I don't have varicose veins. Thankfully.)


What have you been up to lately?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...