Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This Is Not A Post About Lemonade

My blog is boring.

I post about things like sorting the mail and lemonade in an effort to not offend anyone.

If I post about baby clothes, I get told I'm shallow. If I post about vacation, I get told we don't spend our money wisely. If I post about our home, I get told I'm showing off. If I post about spending time with family and friends, I hurt peoples feelings for leaving them out. If I blog about pregnancy, I offend the people who started following our blog while we were still waiting. I've had a lot of complaints from multiple angles about my blog lately.

It bothered me for awhile. I considered deleting the blog. I considered setting it to private. I thought for awhile that God was testing me to see how long I could go at controlling my tongue so I didn't say anything. I didn't respond to the negative comments. I just let people think what they wanted to think because I knew the truth and was not ashamed.

In a weak moment, I decided to take on all the negative comments and reply to them. One particularly mean message was from an anonymous sender. I logged into stat counter to see who it was from. When I clicked onto the post for that day, it said 278 people had read that post. 278. Really? Who are you people?!? I can name about 8 of you. ha. I was shocked to see that many people had read the post that day.
I told R about it. I told him about how my feelings had been hurt. Again. And how I stopped looking up to see who it was and decided not to reply to them anyway. Then I told him about why I wanted to quit blogging.
He talked me out of it. He encouraged me and told me how much he likes our blog. He told me how much he supports everything I say on here and gave me permission to speak freely.

So I kept blogging. I blogged about lemonade.

Then one of my best friends and I went out to lunch. The blog topic came up. I'd be lying if I said my feelings weren't still hurt at this point but she's so good at getting me to snap out of things. In not so many words (she's straight to the point with me- I love her!), she told me to stop blogging about lemonade and just blog.

So I blogged about sorting the mail. Ha. I know. I'm such a chicken.

But one thing both R & J told me was that I need to stop worrying about the few people I may have offended and start blogging for us again.

The truth is I'm not blogging for followers or sponsorship. I'm blogging to record our lives. I don't expect you to enjoy it and you certainly don't have to stick around to read it. But if you do choose to stay, please be nice.

So here it is. Our life. On our blog.

I'm sorry if it offends you (please consider that your apology and move on from picking on us about the blog).

And to those of you that continue to love on us despite ourselves, thankyouverymuch. :)



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...