Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Seven Links Challenge

Mary challenged me to go digging up past posts..... here's my attempt!

The Rules:
  1. The blogger who is nominated (me, in this case) must publish 7 links from his/her own blog; one for each of the categories below.
  2. The blogger then nominates 5-7 more bloggers to take part, and the beat goes on...

Most Beautiful Post
I just pulled the first one that came to mind with a smile on my face. This post about R&I's first day together just makes me happy.

Most Popular Post
My most viewed post is 'Mom's Strawberry Pretzel Salad.' (There have been thousands of hits to it from google image searches.) The post that I remember getting the most (POSITIVE) attention (emails with questions and compliments from complete strangers) was the tour of our kitchen.

Most Controversial Post
The one when I let people in on a little bit of our infertility story. We got a HUGE amount of support from people I didn't even know read our blog! And.... we got a lot of backlash from people I didn't even know read our blog. People were offended that I would say what to say or not to say. And, ironically enough, were telling me what I shouldn't be saying. ;)

Most Helpful Post
I wish I could say it was one about faith and was helpful to y'all but I'm going to look at this from the other side and say that the most helpful post to me was this one about baby gear. (So selfish of me.) But thanks! :)

Most Surprisingly Successful Post
I'm not sure what qualifies a post as 'successful,' but this post about making metal stamped necklaces has the most visitors that return to it multiple times. (So maybe it's the most helpful one but since it's random google searchers I'm not counting it.)

Post That Didn't Get the Attention it Deserved
The one
where we announced to the blog world we were expecting. Maybe it wasn't informative enough. I did have a couple people tell me they were offended I didn't announce sooner because they had been praying for us. I feel bad about that but in our defense, I was sick and TIRED and we had been told it would be very difficult for me to stay pregnant. As blessed as we were feeling, we were still scared. I took a pretty big step back from blogging at that time. Partially because I didn't know how to transition into being a 'mommy blogger' without being offensive, partially because I didn't know how I would blog if something terrible had happened that would need explaining- but mostly because I was just plain sick and tired. It wasn't personal- I promise!

Post That I am Most Proud of
This mini
cardboard testimony series. It's hard to be real about the ugly past. Funny that something I was so ashamed of can be my post I'm most proud of.

And now it's your turn!

1. JILL
2. Tab
4. Kari
5. Lisa
6. BP

Or anyone that wants to play along!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...