Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

10 on Tuesday (end of August!)



Can you believe August is coming to an end? Where did summer go?!?! Here are 10 11 random things from our last few days. I realized I haven't been taking ANY photos lately when I had to steal one from R's phone (#7). I'm going to start working on that. (And maybe even have some non iPhone photos soon. Maybe.

1. Friday night lights are back. My high school friend, Sarah, came down for the Bomber football game Friday night. She's a nomad currently residing in Minneapolis. It'd been way too long since I had seen her! I'm pretty sure we talked the entire 5 hours we were together and watched a total of 30 seconds of football. Gotta love the Friday night lights atmosphere though, right? :) (We did pay attention during the fly over. Those are always fun!)


2. Saturday was our town's festival. As much as I have craved pancakes the last few months, they didn't even sound good enough to drag me out of bed for the pancake feed that morning. We skipped that but did make it downtown for our other meals (and snacks) of the day. It felt like we spent more time running into people and talking to them than we did seeing all the stuff up there. But I got a little tan while we were at it.

3. While we were eating one of those snacks (a shaved ice in the coolness provided by the fire station), I got a text from my sister who had decided to come up. They checked out the festival then we all went up to the new high school for a tour. I know R is sooooo excited for basketball season in the new gym!

4. We all came back to the house to rest for awhile before heading back up. Holly worked on some baby shower stuff for a little bit. She's going to be making some good food for it, I cant wait!!!

5. The P fams came over and we went back downtown for the hog roast. We had quite the audience as we walked down the street. :) Between the singing/dancing kids, babies, and bellies we apparently put on quite the show for onlookers.

6. Saturday night we had s'mores (I'm feeling like all of these updates are about food!) at the fire pit. R loves sitting by a good fire. (And I do too!)


7. My SIL was in town for a wedding this weekend so Sunday morning we got together with R's family. It was so good to see his little sis. We so wish she lived closer but we'll settle for 'having' to go visit her (in sunny AZ). :) The boys went through lots of quarters in the machines and Coop scored this blinging gold chain.



8. I finally started on little guy's quilt last week. Slowly, I may have some of his nursery done before he arrives.....

9. Finally quilting meant getting a few notions. The lady on the quilting needles is from my hometown!! How exciting. ;)


10. My friend talked me into calling the Dr about an inconvenient symptom. I learned I'll be spending more quality time with this..... ugh. Great news is it's a perfect excuse to not make any plans and just stay home one day a week!

11. (consider it a bonus) We started a new little project. We've been keeping a close eye on curbs... Hopefully we can find what we're looking for on someone's curb in the near future so I'll have an update to this photo:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...