Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Craftastic Summer Evening



Updated: I have been asked for this post by a few people and I thought I had posted it. I typed it a long time ago and just never got around to publishing. Sorry!!





I have to admit, I really dropped the ball on craft night. We originally talked about doing a spring one, then an early summer one, then finally it turned into lets just get one in before school starts again. -We're much more realistic now and already planning the next one for another Christmas one! I'm also being a little more realistic about what I'll be able to contribute and have already asked the foodie to be the menu planner. ;)



My high school friend, Jill (a foodie) brought the BEST cheesecake stuffed strawberries and the cutest mustache mug craft. (Seriously, I could go for a ton more of those strawberries right now. You know how everyone is polite and leaves the last one? I was totally 'that girl' that ate the last strawberry tonight. SOOOO good!)

Molly brought this fun canvas project. (Are you noticing the Pinterest trend yet? We thought the next craft date should maybe be changed to Pinterest date instead....) Jen made the vinyl letters for mine with her fancy schmancy cricut. Have you seen those things at work? So geeky but soooo awesome!

Kari brought the sand vases. I think you were supposed to cover the entire thing but I opted for a sand stripe instead. (I like to live on the edge).

I did the Scrabble 'frames' with the clothes pin. Jen reminded me yesterday that I hadn't actually seen it or tested it to see how it would work (and that not everything I envision works out). I should have stuck with a Pinterest craft. My original plan was to do the bigger Scrabble canvas as my craft but it's pretty hard to come by that many letters for everyone! (But you can keep collecting those old Scrabble letters for me please and thank you!)

Here's a sample of what we made. Jill has better pictures on her blog so go check those out. My mustache mug had already found a home in my new niche before I took this picture so you may have spied it on my desk picture. (and yes, our little guy's name is blacked out on purpose. R wont let me tell anyone!!! sorry!)

As always, some of the craftasticly awesome women I know:




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...