Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Living Better: Sleep


Ahhhhhhh. Sleep. Me & Sleep have this love/hate relationship. Love it when I get enough. Hate it when I can't. And it's been more of the latter lately. We're pretty sure this is God's way of calming my biggest fear about becoming a mom. (Is it bad that my biggest fear is not getting enough sleep?!) As if He is getting me used to this lack of sleep routine in preparation. But I'm really fighting it. I'm working really hard to get at least (okay, about) 7(ish) hours of sleep a night. Though if 5 1/2 of those hours are consecutive, I'll take that too.
This means that if R&I go to bed late and I get up early with him in the morning, I usually take an early morning nap and end up getting up around 9 (except for the two days/week I have 9 am sessions). I'm totally okay with this sleep pattern for now and am noticing that I do feel better with the extra sleep.
However. The problem is that by 9 am, I feel like I need to eat and start working right away so I don't fall behind for the day. Which leads me to my next living better goal: showering.
I posted this on facebook the other day:
I mean, I did get a phone call from R about 45 seconds before they came over to let me know he wasn't coming home alone but what can one really do in 45 seconds besides throw on that lacking undergarment? (Side note: this is why even our best friends whom are over here all the time call or text before just 'stopping by.' ha)
So I posted that and realized that I really need to shower earlier in the day. And currently, here I sit past 10 am, still not showered for the day. Is it bad that I need a shower by goal added to my living better list? (You don't have to answer that for me. Yikes.)
Is it worse that I took a photo booth photo of myself to talk myself into thinking just brushing my teeth would be okay instead? (Double yikes.)
While I'm off to shower, you can enjoy these little lovelies I found while snapping the photo booth pic. Sadly, the sans shower look is trending in them..... Happy Friday!!


Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...