Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

{cb}h in the new year

2010 brought so many changes and exciting opportunities to us here at the Hicks' Ranch. I am excited to see what is ahead for us.
I'm also excited to see what 2011 has in store for {cb}h. What started as a hobby for me, has turned into a business and it is very exciting!
When I started, it was (who am I kidding... it still is) difficult for me to not do photos for free for everyone. While I did several (and that's an understatement) free sessions, I got to a point where I finally had to stop. Photography is an expensive undertaking and it is very time consuming. While it's something that I LOVE to do, it is still work.
Alex from M Studios said that they made the choice to not offer any discounting to family and friends to make it easy. She pointed out that they are friends with their friends because of who they are and because they like to hang out with them, not because they can (or cant) afford their photography services.
I have to say, I completely agree with her!
The other side of it is that not all of my friends like my photography style. And that's okay! I also don't have the same clothing choices and taste in decorating as most of my friends. That doesn't mean I don't love 'em! I would never want for someone to feel obligated to give me business just because we are friends. I have friends/family with long time photographers they've been using. I have friends that prefer Portrait Innovations (well I don't really know of any that do... I'm just giving an example). And it's really okay. Just like I can't afford to do free sessions for everyone, I don't expect everyone to be able to afford or even want a session with me.
So while I wont be doing free sessions in 2011, I will be offering a few special deals available to friends/family only. Most of them I'll email out- let me know if you want on that email list! All of them will be first come, first serve. And, of course, I'll still be having client specials on the {cb}h page that you can take advantage of!
Thanks so much for your support in 2010! I'm so excited to work with you (or not- we can still be friends!) in 2011!!
Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...