Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Childlike Faith


I'm guessing you remember the photo of Mini Agent I peeking in the bathroom to see if his top secret prize had been received yet. So it should come as no surprise to you that he was ready to go on another secret mission today.


This time, as he was writing his secret mission note (because as he noted, he knew exactly what it should say), his little brother wanted to do one.

"Brother you don't even know what it's for."
"Yeah huh. Do too. I want $5 McDonalds."
"No, brother. It's for other people with someone they love that cant come home from the hospital. It's going to make them happy for a little bit."

Uh. Wow. We had talked about why we were doing it last week but that's not how I explained the secret missions to him.
A little guy, all of seven years old, just wanting his own sister to come home healthy, and wanting to make other people at the hospital happy. Even if just for a little bit.

Truly I tell you, "anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” -Mark 10:15


PS- His mom did a secret mission of her own today.... and I'm enjoying the second half of it right now. Yum! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...