Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Talk To Me (Show Me?) a RAK

Talk To Me Tuesday:
This one is a do rather than an answer.... Go out and do a random act of kindness. Post the idea on your page. (For ideas see Secret Agent L's blog... you may recognize one on there from my friend Secret Agent (other) L).

I've been wanting to do this one for a long time and just never did. I finally just did it -but admittedly only because it was the challenge for Tuesday and since it was a hard one I figured if anyone else participated, that'd be great but if I didn't even do it, that'd be really bad. So I just did it. And you know what? It actually wasn't that hard. It was actually a lot of fun!


The scoop: I've spent too much time lately in the waiting room of hospitals, emergency rooms, and clinics. I'm a people watcher and it's been making me really sad to look into the faces of a lot of these people sitting in those places with me. I have had so many friends in need of prayer lately but I've also found myself praying for these faces in the waiting rooms. I knew I wanted to do my RAK in a related space. Saturday, we were visiting our good friends in NICU and I thought that would be the perfect opportunity for a drop. I gathered up what I could from home and snapped the photo (I knew we wouldn't have much time for shopping the next day). I wanted to do two drops so I had to find things we had double of. I ended up with: pad of paper & pen, pack of gum, and a card. I made necklaces that said HOPE (at that point I decided I should do the drop in the women's restroom) and decided to stop and grab gift cards on the way. I also tucked in some candy we picked up on the way.
We had lunch with our friends and mini-agent I looked like he needed a special mission. We grabbed him and headed for a walk. He took his job of finding the perfect drop site seriously. As we were waiting by the elevator after the first drop, he was so excited to see someone walk into the bathroom. She was a nurse and didn't walk out with the bag. He was disappointed she didn't take it but glad we didn't get 'caught.'
Throughout the day he asked me if I thought anyone had grabbed the goods yet. We finally went for a walk and scoped out the drop sites. He was so excited to find the bags had been taken. Here is mini-agent I checking out one of the sites (don't worry, this one was a family restroom!).
Mini-Agent I and myself are going to have to do this one again. So fun!! Even if you didn't do it in time for TTMT, I recommend doing it anyway! It was probably more of a thrill for us than the ladies that grabbed the bags. :)



Next Week's: Show Us What's In Your Purse. Dig it all out and take a picture.
LOVE this one!!! I took my photo at the time of this post and will auto post as I knew I'd be thinking about it throughout the week and start cleaning out my purse before hand. I'm shocked at how much my bag holds!! Stay tuned for that. :)

Still needing an idea for the following week. As always, feel free to leave your idea in the comments (I'm talking to you this week, Ashley. You had a good one I wanted to do and I can't find it.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...