Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resting in Him

As we sat with our friends recently, their littlest boy was obviously tired. His mom asked him to come rest with her. He fought it. He was so tired he couldn't sit still, for if he did he might fall asleep. His mom knew he was tired and knew he needed rest. She knew if he could get a little bit of rest he might feel better, his mood might change. But he fought it. He fought it as long as he could before it finally overcame him and he gave in to the rest.
I wonder how many times I do this? In His Word, He tells me time and time again to rest. To "Rest in Him." But how many times do I fight it? How often am I racing from one thing to the next? How often am I worrying about things I cant control? How often do I try to take things into my own hands?
He tells me to rest in Him. He knows I need it. Like my friend knowing what's best for her son, He knows it would be good for me. It would make me feel better. But I continue to fight it. I continue to keep the busy pace of running from one place to the next. I continue to worry about things I cant control.
Lord, help me to Trust in You. Help me to cast my worries and take everything to You. Help me to Rest in You. Rest.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...