Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 on Tuesday (10/18)

For as little as I thought I had on the calendar for Oct and Nov, it sure seems like we are busy! If it weren't for my iCal and iPhone photo dump, I'm not sure I could think back through the crazy weeks to come up with a 10 on Tuesday. Here's a little bit of what we've been up to.


1. We did a couple quick family pictures with our good friends, the P fam. I thought I'd have a picture to share but that was a week ago and I haven't even uploaded my last three sessions to the computer yet (I'm actually uploading them right now and it's SO slow. Do you find it faster to upload through your card reader or cord? With my little camera, I use the card reader so I thought I'd do that with my large card today and it's not working very fast!). Maybe I'll update with a P fam pic soon.

2. My amazing friend and her special assistant came and worked hard at our house. They are such a blessing to us!! 



3. I've been working on a baby to do list. (More on that later?) I have checklists for everything. EVERYTHING. Just ask R. 

4. It's been kind of like Christmas around here with all the packages showing up. Sure a lot of them have been for {cb}h clients and most all of the rest of them are for Baby H but I don't care who they are for, it's fun to get them on the doorstep and get to open them! One package this week had a Pottery Barn stocking for Baby H. I'd love to show you a photo but it has his name on it (hopefully we stick with that name!). Thanks so much for that special gift, Tab! We'll definitely be using it a very long time!!


5. Date night consisted of a LONG bike ride and picnic on the trail. It was a little chilly but SO pretty out!


6. This verse has been following me around for a couple of months now... Philippians 4:6-7.

7. And yes, that is a page from the book I finished reading this week. Only took me about a month to get through one book. That's not bad, right? I've been trying to get as much reading and bath time in as I can. The bath is about the only time of day my back (and pretty much everything else) feels good. It's hard carrying around the extra weight. I am so thankful to be able to start my work day at 9 am so I have time to do this!

8. And since I finished the last one (and haven't picked the next in the series up from the library yet), I started reading 'The Power of a Praying Parent.' It's such an easy, quick read but it is so good.

9. I am FINALLY finished with wedding pictures for the year. I do have about 4 paid sessions to edit and lots of orders to get put into the system but then hopefully I'll get a chance to pull up more maternity pictures to edit.

10. Speaking of which... I got a glimpse of the belly in the mirror today and I NEED to remember to get an updated belly shot. As R would say, "Your bell.... baby is getting big!"


What have you been up to this week?



Updated: I told you I couldn't keep track of anything without iCal and the photos on my iPhone. Saturday was our busiest day of the week (but we didn't end up doing anything that was actually on our calendar... which is why I forgot all about it). We did East Village, Valley Junction, the bagel shop for lunch, Target, mall, etc, etc. Yes, I was worn out and put my feet up as soon as we got home. And yes, we saw this sign driving down a busy road and hopped out right quick to snap this shot. With the iPhone. Of course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...