Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

37 Weeks

I haven't really blogged many coherent thoughts lately (which is why the 10 on Tues is perfect for me) but that's because I haven't really had any. I write blog posts in my head but I'm sure if I took the time (or had the time) to type them out, they'd be less than easy to follow. (This one is less than coherent but I'm too tired to fix it and really need to get back to work for the day! Read at your own risk)



At 37 weeks, here's what the H family is up to.

R is finishing up his poverty class and starting up basketball. He's been attending some j-high practice and is getting really excited for the season. As excited as he is though, he's starting to think about how little sleep he'll be getting and how much Mt Dew he might be consuming. On his own accord, he plans to be up in the night with our little mister. I don't know how realistic it will be for that to happen but I love the thought that he wants to be a part of things as much as he possibly can.

Dakota has been trying his hardest to be a well behaved puppy. He's started a new thing.. he follows me with a watchful eye everywhere. I used to at least be able to go to the bathroom without him following me but not anymore. He stares at me like he's waiting for something to happen. He has even started doing it in the middle of the night. Last night it wasn't so welcomed when I tried to sneak cookie dough from the freezer at 3 am. He dropped his chin and raised his eyes, giving me 'the look.' He's been super protective lately! At times he has me almost convinced Baby H will be here any second.

Baby H is still as active as ever. He's currently transverse. He cant decide if he prefers transverse or breech and while he'll trick me into thinking he's starting to like head down, he doesn't stay in that position for long. I keep giving him pep talks to wait it out until at least Nov. 10th so I can get as much photo work done as possible. Daddy keeps giving him pep talks to come Nov. 4th so he can get as much daddy time in with him as possible before bball starts. We'll see what the little mister has in mind. I think I've mentioned it on here before but the longest they'll let him stay in his current comfy home before evicting him is Nov. 23rd. So 4 weeks from today I'll have him in my arms (maybe for the first time, maybe not!).

And an update on me at 37 weeks isn't all that exciting.  Things I'm loving about this stage: how interactive baby H is when we talk, read, sing or play music for him. I'm loving the bonding time without the dirty diapers and tears. I am simply amazed when I catch a view of the belly in the mirror. It is amazing to me what my body (that I had given up on) can do. Sitting and praying over our little babe by name. I love that he has a name and that can use it. We actually use it so much that Dakota recognizes it. ie: Dakota knows what I'm talking about when I say, "Go to _____'s room." Or, "Come say hi to _____." We actually use his name so much that it tends to slip out when others are around. I'm pretty sure more people than we think know his name but it's still fun to 'think' we have a secret. (And those of you that know me well know how hard it is for me to keep the secret!!! I SO want to tell everyone but since we've made it this far I'm glad R made the decision to keep it quiet.) We have been writing letters to baby since the day we found out he was joining our family. I already love going back and reading them from the beginning and I cant wait to get them into a book for him. And this is weird... but I've noticed I call myself 'we' lately. I'm referring to me and baby so it doesn't seem weird to me now but I'm afraid once he's here and I do it people may think I have multiple personality disorder. ;)

Things that aren't so much loved right now... the extra weight. It takes a major toll on the body packing around so many extra pounds. I'm always reminded of The Biggest Loser and how one time (or maybe more, I don't watch it much) they had to pack all the weight they had previously lost. I have currently gained so much weight that about 1/3 of my current self wasn't here at this time last year. Isn't that crazy to think about?!? It's not the weight gain that bothers me, it's the aches and pains that accompany it. It is exhausting. Speaking of exhaustion... I thought I had been doing really well. I was feeling so blessed to be feeling so well for such a long time (seriously, the majority of 3rd trimester was easier on me than 2nd!) but I think this third trimester has finally caught up to me. I still cannot complain in any way, shape or form. I do not have the serious pain and baby concerns that came with 2nd trimester so I'm feeling very blessed for that but I'm tired. I'm achy. And I feel sick to my stomach pretty much every night. R is also feeling the strain with his fair share of sympathy pains. I swear I thought those were made up but R (who never gets sick, never complains) is telling me otherwise.

We will definitely take it though! We feel SO blessed to be at 37 weeks and to be so close to meeting this little guy. It has not been real easy sharing this body with him but I know that I will miss it once he 'moves out.' I think I'll be okay though because as much as I love him at this stage, I cant imagine how amazing it will be to get to carry him in my arms instead.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...