Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby Gear

Thanks to all of your help (from this post and beyond), we narrowed down our baby gear choices and are pretty excited with what we have. Obviously, we haven't had the opportunity to test it all out yet but I thought I'd share with you what we'll be testing in the near future.

Infant Carrier: Chicco Keyfit 30 in Romantic. Gift from uncle and cousin.
Car seat accessories: PBK stroller blanket- gift from Maddox. SO soft and cuddly. I want the adult size version from the big PB. JJ Cole Bundle Me- gift from my mom's friend.

Monitor: Summer Infant Slim & Secure Handheld Color Video Monitor. Gift from mom. This was maybe a splurge on grandma's part but we LOVE it.

Swing/bouncy seat: Mamaroo Infant Seat/Swing. Gift from my sister. It's a swing. It's a bouncy seat. It's supposedly really, really good.

Pack n Play: Graco Laguna Bay. Gift from my mom. Admittedly we weren't going to get this. We really wanted it but when we reassessed our budget we decided it could go. Grandma stepped up again and added this to Baby H's gear list. We set it up and it's even better than we thought. Thinking it will be a big blessing to have once little guy is here!

Stroller: Snap n Go. Gift from my sister. I love how it isn't as bulky as some of the travel system strollers. It turns and folds up easy and doesn't take up much space.

Pump: We were originally going to borrow one but some things came up and we ended up purchasing one instead. We went with the Medela Pump in Style tote. I admit I didn't research pumps and only got this because it's the same as the one we were going to borrow (so we had some accessories for it already) and because pretty much everyone I know has this same one.


Still on the list: These are things we have on our list for when he's a little bigger. As it gets closer, I'm sure we'll reassess and see what actually fits in the budget.

Convertible Car Seat: Britax Marathon 70. This is our next biggest concern as far as purchases go. We obviously want a safe one but will also need something budget friendly when the time comes. Any reviews out there for us, friends?

Stroller: Uppa Baby Jake G-Luxe Black. Upon typing this post I found that the 2009 version of this stroller has been discontinued and the new version out is $70 more. So we may be looking for other stroller options as well. Recommendations for us? :)


And yes, I know you are thinking Baby H is so completely spoiled by friends and family. You are correct. He most definitely is. We feel so, so blessed to be loved on so much. Almost everyday we look at all he has been given and talk about how we could never have hooked him up with so much great stuff on our own. He is one very blessed little boy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...