Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

soon

Soon we'll have a little guy here to snuggle. We are SO excited.

But (and I may have mentioned this before.... once or twice?) I'm just a little nervous about it being so close to the start of basketball season.

Basketball season is long. You other basketball widows can vouch for this. We don't get to see our husbands much. It's a long standing joke (that's kind of, not really so much a joke) that I don't like to share my basketball coaching husband during the season. His at home time is VERY limited during that long season so the few minutes that he's awake while he's home through the winter, I like to hog him.

I'm going to have to share him this year with our little guy. Obviously. And I want to. I want him to spend every minute that he's home bonding with our little guy (I'll probably even 'let' him get up for 4:30 am diaper changes, ha).

But that still leaves the rest of the day for me and little guy to likely be stuck inside most of the winter.

Which brings me to visitors. I've begged my friends to come see me this winter. (Normally I'm begging them to go to games with me... hopefully I'll have more takers on coming to visit a tiny baby!) :)

Someone sent me this link about how to be a good visitor and told me to post it on my front door. I had already read this post (that was the inspiration behind the previous post) and it stuck with me when I went to visit my friend and her new baby this summer... even though I broke some 'rules.'

My random thoughts on it:

#1. I learned that I've been a TERRIBLE newborn visitor. I've stayed longer than 15 minutes and brought Blizzards. Not exactly the healthy meal they're talking about. But sometimes a girl just needs a Blizzard, right?

#2. I don't agree with all of the 'rules.' Especially the one about not bringing small children.

#3. I do like the 'rule' about staying home if you are sick. I just did newborn photos with a family that said someone brought their sick two year old and she was kissing the new baby allover. I'd be lying if I said that doesn't gross me out. People from both my work and R's work have said I need to bring him in to visit. (Did you know both of those places are schools... and schools have lots of germs in them year round but especially in the winter?) I guess there's something about the cold and flu season that turns me off from that.

#4. I also like the one about not showing up unannounced. I like that one for anytime though. Our bestest of friends even call or text before showing up. It's just the nice thing to do.

#5. Even though I like some of these, I wont be hanging it up on my door. And you don't have to clean my bathrooms if you come visit! :) But seriously, come see me this winter! Please? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...