Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10 on Tuesday- 10/25

It's been another crazy week and another week of how the heck did it go so fast because I'm not sure what we did all week!?!

1. R had his last round of pre-baby shots. This time at his actual Dr's office. It's the same Dr that delivered him as a baby and R claims the same horse photos have been on the wall since he was a kid.


2. While we were in town for his shots, we stopped to see the C boys. You probably cant tell what it's a picture of but C&C were wrestling uncle R. This is about as slow as the action got.


3. Our 36 week appointment went well last week. Numbers looked good. Baby H is is right on track... though not exactly in position and still moving like crazy.

4. We went out for what was likely our last night out with friends in awhile. We ate at the Roadhouse then dessert hopped with Nick & Jaren. We always have such a great time with them! Crazy to think the next time the four of us go out, we'll be needing our own sitter. I didn't take any iPhone pictures but Nick did send this one to us as he was driving past my hometown this weekend.


5. I missed Race for the Cure this year because I knew if I did it combined with our afternoon plans (#6) I would likely collapse by the end of the day (anyone remember H on the curb??!). You should go check out this video from the event though. One of my very best friends is the girl in the clip (with her family) talking about how special it was to be celebrating there WITH their mom. I just love these guys! And Jen has me completely convinced that next year I'll not only be participating, but running without stopping. We'll see. :)


6. Our afternoon plans that day included the ISU football game (with Jen & Adam who did run the race and didn't collapse by the end of the day). Can you believe we hadn't been to a single game all year?!? (And we have no plans of making it to another one.) Definitely not the norm for us. So glad we could make it to one (finally) but also so glad that we did not get season tickets this year! (And yes, that's the band and not the football team. Every year at ISU homecoming when the alumni band comes out, R tells the story of the guy sitting in front of him one year that yelled, "Hey that's my dad out there! Play daddy, play!!" It's one of those stories you had to be there for....)


7. We got a little more family of two time in. We ran more errands and picked up some things we were needing (like that package of newborn size dipes!). I got some fun treats- Starbucks pumpkin spice latte & banana walnut bread and a new iPhone case since my poor one before was completely beat up (it seriously looks like I got a new phone). But my favorite treat of the day was when we bought this year's ornaments. I about cried in the store when we got to pick this ornament out to take home with us. I have a feeling this one will be pretty special to me for pretty much ever. (The Hallmark site was down as I typed this but the link takes you to the same ornament from a different site.)

8. Dakota has been a lot better while we've been out lately. If we tell him we'll be right back and to be a good dog while we're gone he actually listens. The one time we forgot to tell him this week was the one time he pulled stuff out again while we were gone. He's also started the new trick of digging through the toys in his toy box before picking out the perfect one to show daddy. He does this when he hears the garage door open as R is getting home from work. (And yes, I've been telling Dakota stories lately because I'm feeling like a guilty dog mom knowing he'll be old news once Baby H is here.)

9. Photo sessions are starting to wind down. I'm officially scheduled to shoot just one day a week (though several of those days I have multiple sessions throughout the day) from now through December.

10. 'The list' is just about completed! Though some things (like ironing nursery curtains) are just getting crossed off without actually being done. We're okay with that.
One thing off 'the list' that I'm so excited to have done: addressing baby announcement/Christmas cards. They are all addressed and stamped (unless I don't have your address so send it to me!) and the cards are designed and waiting for a Baby H photo to put in it to send to print. Now if only I can get Mo & Madd to stuff and seal envelopes for me again.... chances are slim though because last time I recruited those services from them Mo told me it was like she was working in a factory and Madd said it was too hard of work for little kids. Ha. (At least I didn't have them pulling weeds like Uncle R does!)

We had a lot to be thankful for around here this last week. Hope you did as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...