Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Preparing

Hi, I'm H and I like lists.

I make a to do list every single week. When I was working 5 jobs the last few years, I had daily to do lists which were prioritized and had listed by the hour what needed to be done.

I use my lists. I like my lists.

So as we've been prepping for baby, guess what I've been working on....

'The list.'

(Did you say 'the list' in a different tone? R does.)

My list started at about 4 typed pages long. It included house projects, work projects, insurance details to take care of, things to pack for the hospital, dates to take with R, etc, etc, etc.

With some help from R, 'the list' is down to less than half a page.

I know Baby H wont care if the things on the list aren't completed (he'll be just fine without the nursery curtains ironed). But it helps me feel like I'm 'prepared.'

I had a freak out moment not too long ago. I was cuddling a tiny newborn baby and it hit me that they would be sending one home from the hospital with me in the near future. And I definitely don't feel qualified for that job.

So as silly as the list seems, something about it makes me think I'll feel better, more prepared, if I cross off everything on it. 

Did you make a pre-baby list? What was on it? What were your biggest (most helpful) things you did to prepare to bring baby home (you know, besides sleep!)?

PS- I had planned to share some of 'the list' highlights. Maybe I'll update with that soon...
but this candid list of things to do before baby is a good starting point. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...