Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 on Tuesday, Oct 4

1. It's Maddox's birthday today. He's 5! Be sure to check out his birthday post. He's a lover!

2. We've been busy getting things ready for baby H. At this point, I LOVE doing his laundry. Remind me later on that I said, would ya? Especially if he ever starts playing sports!
One of my baby apps says I should have my hospital bag packed now and need to get the car seat in the car. It seems early for that. How many weeks were you when you started making those preps?


2. Thursday I was daydreaming about our forever home with large trees outside to hang pretty lights from for outdoor parties. Not long after, R said we needed to turn all the lights out so the kids wouldn't be peeping in our windows... it was the night before homecoming and we get several 'visitors.' This year they were so lazy that they just drove right up to the house. At one point there were about 50 kids between our house and the coach that lives behind us. Thankfully for us (but not so much for the field), it was a windy night and a lot of their efforts had blown across the road and into the field before morning. I secretly don't mind that they do it (except for the time they got my car... and Jen's.. yuck!) (which means it was a year ago we were painting the basement, Jen. does that even seem possible?!) Anyway... guess it's a good thing we don't have those large pretty trees yet.


3. Friday I got to see a long lost college friend. I hadn't seen her since another friend was married in '08! Sara Jo and I went to DSM to meet Lindsey and it was so fun to catch up with her! Also big news from the day, we went to Trader Joe's. Would you disown me as a friend if I told you it was the first time I had been there? And.... that I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I need someone to make a Trader Joe's shopping list for me so I can see what all the hype is about. I know you guys love it and I'm begging your forgiveness that I don't. Help me see the light, would ya? ;)


4. The Cyclones played Texas Saturday. We beat them last year and I'm pretty sure Texas had not forgotten! It was ugly. Before the game was even over we went to get desert with Jen & Adam. I posted a photo of this same desert last time we did a dinner hop with these two. That photo was much prettier though. (Note to self: Do the 365 challenge again!)


5. Every day this week I have gotten out of bed at my normal 4:30 am waking time and was actually productive with it. R has even been getting breakfast out of the deal. This morning, after I had already been in the kitchen over two hours by 7 am and all I had to show for it was an oven that had caught on fire and a cake that was in major distress, I was kind of thinking to myself I'm just like Pioneer Woman. Did you see the episode where everyone always steals her toast center from her egg nests? That always happens to me too so that makes me just like her, right? I mean she's surely had a little fire to put out before, right? .......right?


6. Yes, that's a cast iron skillet on a glass top stove. No, I'm not sure if you are supposed to do that. My mom has R convinced cast iron is the way to go. Then her cousin bought him one as a wedding gift and he wont turn back. I cant complain (though I do anyway) if he's willing to do the cooking but he wont even let me make his eggs (or anything else) on anything but 'his' skillet now. He's spoiled.

7. Dakota has been naughty lately. He has gotten too used to me being home more often and he's going through some separation anxiety every time I leave the house. He (knock on wood) hasn't destroyed anything yet but he has a thing for pulling garbage out of the bathroom garbage can. And eating cupcakes. Ahem. He FINALLY had two good days in a row so we are hoping he's getting better. His lifestyle is a lot different with me here now and he's got even more big changes ahead. Any dog whisperers out there that want to come counsel the poor guy?

8. We started the H family cleaning chart this week. Kind of. We printed it off and hung it up. We plan to make changes to it as we work through it and see what works, what doesn't, and what's missing. Yesterday was day one. We didn't make any checks on it. Not off to a great start but maybe we'll get better. Or maybe not. Jaren.... help? ;)  PS- What is this nesting I keep hearing of and why has it not visited our house yet?!? ;)

9. I finished my last round of family pictures for the year. I intentionally didn't schedule any past this week as I wasn't sure how well that'd work out. (I do have individual sessions still coming up though and a wedding to edit so I have plenty to do!) Lucky for me I got to end the year of family sessions with one awesome family. They even brought Baby H a present. She had no idea but I had blogged about it a LONG time ago and always knew that when we had kids I would want to do this. I just love it! And need to find a good place to put it so I don't forget about it when Baby H starts talking! :) Thanks, Erin and fam! That was SO thoughtful of you!

10. Kels & Eric drove up here (because I was holding some of her borrowed clothes hostage) and let me pretend to be the Snappy Casual photographer for a day. I'd post one here but you'll just have to wait and see it on her blog.


What have you been up to this last week!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...