Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Moments

A week ago, I was sitting in the nursery feeling Baby H kick and really enjoying this stage of life. I was taking it all in and feeling so blessed.

This morning, as I was digging through the closet looking for something, anything, appropriate to wear in this weather, I realized that I can officially say, "I have nothing to wear" and be basically telling the truth.

I was a little bit annoyed, slightly (okay, really) frustrated.

As I was standing there shuffling through the hanging shirts... again, my phone that was sitting on the bathroom counter buzzed with a new email. It was a message from a friend talking to me about how slow these last few weeks can go but a reminder to 'enjoy the moments.'

Right in the middle of my 'poor me, what am I going to wear?' she reminded me to enjoy it.

So today I'm embracing this belly..... and seriously considering putting on a pair of R's gym shorts for the day.

And I'm going to enjoy it! :)








(Can you believe I just posted that? I'm pretty sure R and the Dr are the only ones that have seen this much of the belly! until now!) 

Enjoy the moments today! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...