Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Favorite Finds

What an emotional week last week was! With some big highs and some low lows, I'm feeling emotionally drained today. That paired with the fact that a lot of the highs and lows aren't blog ready to share about, I thought I'd instead share more of my favorite finds from the interwebs this week.... enjoy.


Okay so this shot wasn't found on the interwebs but I did find it while I was digging through pictures for B's album last week. Just pure awesome. :)





If you're in the middle of waiting, ever had to wait, or getting ready to wait (that should cover about all of us?),you might enjoy this devotional about the wait.


I've always wanted to adopt. I just have always thought I would. But lately there's a lot of reasons for us not to and I was feeling really guilty about that. This post makes me feel better and convicts me all at the same time. (Now what am I going to do about it??)

I enjoyed this article and this article about parenting. One thing I've been practicing for awhile now is trying not to say 'Good job' to B. It's so much harder than it sounds and I catch myself saying 'Good job!' a lot.


I could totally relate to this feeling:



I nodded in agreement with this:



I spent an hour reading about this family and catching up on their dateline then Katie story. Inconceivable indeed.


I liked this honest post about marriage.

Speaking of marriage, are any of my central Iowa friends going to this conference this weekend?


I WANT this sweatshirt for B... and me too... do they make it in my size??

I won a giveaway on Des Moines Moms Blog. I never win anything so that was awesome. (And no, we aren't expecting so I'll be able to gift this to one of the many babies in our life. :)  B's guitar crinkie is from that same shop and he loved it... until it went through the dryer... So whoever gets it, be sure not to put it through the dryer! :) Also, if you want to buy your own, there's a 15% discount until March 31st.


Okay back to work I go. I just have about 30 more pictures and 15 more emails to get caught up on before this week's sessions start. So I'm not too far behind yet this week. :)








LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...