Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

RAK #9


It's time for another week of Random Acts of Kindness!


Huge shout out to all you awesome Hickstionarians doing the dare with me!
1. Molly 2. Lisa C. 3. Kelsey L. 4. Deanna 5. Haley 6. Erin G. 7. Jamie 8. Jessica G. 9. Mindy C. 10. Jess R. 11. Bethany 12. Kari S. 13. Mary S. 14. Ashley D. 15. Alison K. 16. Donna 17. Teri B. 18. Mal H. 19. Heidi 20. Elizabeth K. 21. Tab 22. Kerry 23. Jen E. 24. Amy 25. Julie O. 26. YOU!

My goal is to get 30 on board- would you join us??



Last week's challenge is in the books for us! I have to admit I didn't really go out of my way to do anything extra this week. My plan was to do something awesome for some neighbors but it didn't happen. We do try to generally be good neighbors though so my husband scooped to the end of the neighbor's sidewalk like normal (and sometime's he returns the favor for us too!) and I loaned some stuff to another neighbor and left birthday wishes for yet another neighbor. I guess I wanted to do something awesome like starting the 'You've been Egged' in our neighborhood or something fun like that but I didn't get to it. So maybe this week I'll revisit last week's and try again!

How did you do last week?? Did you do something nice for a neighbor or did you do another RAK? Do tell! 







This week's random act isn't so random.....


Mail a card to someone.

And by mail, I mean good old fashioned snail mail. There's something about going to the mailbox and finding something other than a bill that can really lift one's spirits! Send a card to an aunt, a grandma, a long lost friend, a niece or nephew learning to read, or someone you haven't' talked to you awhile! Let them know you are thinking about them and send them a friendly 'hello.' 

Optional: Stick something fun in the card. Maybe a $5 Starbucks card so the two of you can have a 'virtual coffee date.' Maybe recent pictures of you or your family. Stickers for a niece or nephew? Maybe just skip the card and mail something super fun- like these ideas of 13 oz or less items. Any happy mail is great mail so have fun with it! (And don't forget to come back next week to let us know.)


Do you have other ideas for this one? Please share with us if you do!!

Please join us (even if you didn't jump in last week- you can either catch up or just start where we are)! Check out this post for more info.


(Also, several of you have shared your awesome ideas of what you've done by email or in person and I LOVE that! I find myself thinking every week I wish I would have thought of that myself! I was talking with a friend about cheerfully and quietly giving and we agree, that's awesome! But at the same time I also love seeing ideas of ways we can also spread the love! I loved this video of Lil Blue Boo's random acts but I was sad to see someone tell her the magic dissipated when she posted the video for all to see. In true Boo fashion, she responded that she thought the magic dissipated when they left the negative comment. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's bragging to share ideas and be an encouragement to others to spread love. You sharing your stories has encouraged me to want to do more and I think that's awesome. So thanks for spreading the love and helping me to be a cheerful giver too! You guys are awesome!) 

Happy RAKing!

PS- There's still time to enter the spring giveaway!! Go check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...