Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday

Good Friday that is.


Yesterday as I was driving home from the Dr, I passed the Jesus billboard. Have you seen the one I'm talking about? With Jesus nailed to the cross? I've seen it before but for some reason as I drove by yesterday I felt a sting in the palms of my hands and an ache in the pit of my stomach. The coming down a hill on a roller coaster ache.

As I read this devotion this morning, the pain in the palms of my hands returned. The hurt in the pit of my stomach came back.

It's not comfortable seeing and hearing the truth- I can't imagine the actual pain He must have felt for us.



As I sit at the dining room table working on scheduling and input, life is comfortable. I just read the Good Friday story to B (though he didn't quite sit and listen the whole time)




 and laid him down for a nap. The window is open and it sounds like spring outside. Easter baskets lay around the house and eggs sit waiting to be filled. I'm thankful for this weekend and all that it means.

I'm thankful that He went to the cross on good Friday and suffered so that we can celebrate His life and ourselves can live life eternally. Thank you Jesus for the cross.




*B's devotional is Sheila Walsh's  Goodnight Warrior (a gift from his Aunt).


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...