Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

the toddler swapped chili powder for my cinnamon...

It started out like any normal day as my hubby brought me breakfast in bed..... oh wait.

Totally kidding.

The husband doesn't typically bring me breakfast in bed. But that would be awesome, wouldn't it?


The real story: every once in awhile, R's men's group does breakfast at I-Hop and when he's feeling generous, he brings home some pancakes for the rest of us. On this particular morning, he brought me pancakes and a toddler. His treat for the toddler? A packet of syrup.


I know you already know where this story is going....


So I try to keep my mouth shut but you know I can't. I ask him to take the packet away from him and put it in the kitchen.

'He can't open it.' he says.

And he leaves for work.



I'm not sure he had actually gotten out of the driveway before the entire bedroom (and the dog) was doused in syrup.





It started out like a normal the kid is covered in syrup so it's bath time kind of bath time. I had the water set to the perfect temperature and the toddler happily playing with stacking cups. He gleefully peeks over the edge of the tub at me as I'm scrubbing syrup out of the carpet.

And then I hear it.

'Uh oh! Poo. Uh oh, mama, poo!' he says.

And so ensues the clean up of B's first bm in the bathtub.





It started out like any normal I'm going crazy and need a morning snack moment. I mixed together my smoothie in a bowl.* I reached for the cinnamon to mix it up a bit and before I realized the toddler had rearranged the spice rack, I had chili powder on my yogurt.


'LOVE.' he says.


Then he runs up to me with the biggest hug a one year old is capable of.


Yes, sweet boy. Love, indeed.



Here's to a sticky syrup carpet, chili powder in the yogurt & poo in the bathtub free kind of day, today!**






*Smoothie in a bowl is short for I'm too lazy to clean the blender OR alternately short for we're out of vital smoothie ingredients. Today's smoothie bowl included yogurt, bananas, honey & cinnamon. (After the mixup was straightened out of course.) Served with a side of OJ and toddler hugs.

**I hope the battles you're facing today are ones you can laugh at as you climb into bed tonight. And for those of you that are fighting the tougher battles today, I'm praying for you, friend!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...