Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

links and stuff

We're home! R sold his body (he donated plasma!) so we could take a little spring break. We had a great time at his sis' house in sunny AZ! (More on that to come I'm sure!)

Between traveling and playing catch up at work, I haven't done much of anything else this week. I barely read any blogs (so if you blogged something good or read something awesome, PLEASE let me know!) so I don't have a lot of links to share but I did snag some that other people shared with me. Thanks guys. :)


Up first- this post about sharing was neat. I like real world application and it makes me happy to see moms do it. I use a lot of real world application in the classroom and often had people tell me I would be 'more nurturing' once I was a mom. I could really blog about that all day but I don't think helping your kids be prepared for the real world means you aren't nurturing. If anything, I think it makes you more of a nurturer. Unless you confuse coddling with nurturing. In that case you just need a vocab lesson. ;)

I liked this letter to young moms because sometimes it's nice to hear I'm not a total screw up. ;)

I liked Kels' post about life post baby's first year. I too remember feeling a sense of relief when B turned one. (Mixed in with a sense of happiness, sadness, disbelief, excitement for the future, aw, etc, etc. Okay so I was an emotional mess when he turned one!) ;)

A few weeks or so ago I was thinking about blogging a list of random things you don't know about me and then all of a sudden a bunch of other bloggers started doing the same thing! That totally happens to me all the time and I have no idea how! But I forgot all my random things I was going to share. One of them was that even though I've moved 16 times in my life, I attended the same school from preK to senior year of high school. I'm sure the other ones were much cooler. ;)

And that's all I've got for today. Off to unpack. Or maybe just to go live out of suitcases for a week. ;) Hope it's warmer wherever you are at today than it is here! Brrrrrrr.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...