Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Simple.

As I sit home alone (I'm not going to lie, I'm excited we are nearing the end of basketball season) reading everyone's blog posts and Facebook statuses about Valentine's Day, I look around the house and see a ton of reminders of my husband's love for me.

There's the sticky notes he's left for me. A sweet card. Various gifts he's given me. Jobs he's done around the house (ummm, the house itself). Pictures of his smiling face. Flowers he sent me (I know, I was shocked too!). Gifts from friends about love. And lots of mementos from our wedding day (can you tell most of our housing decor is handmade or from our wedding?).

Some of my favorite reminders of his love for me are all of the time and effort he puts into our relationship. Right now he's studying Love & Respect and seems to really be enjoying it. I love that. I love seeing him digging into the Word and seeing his desire to be a better husband (of course I already think he is a pretty great husband!). I love coming home to find him studying the Bible. I love seeing his Love & Respect book on his nightstand.

But one of the simplest reminders of my husbands love for me is this. The roll of toilet paper actually on the roll and not on the back of the toilet. That's true love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...