Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Work. In. Progress.

Cutting straight to it.

I got an email from a friend the other day.
She said something about me being godly.
I thought she was off her rocker.

The truth is. I do love God. I have a heart for the Lord.
And I want to be conformed to His image.

Reality is. I stink at it. He has a lot of work left to do in me.

Example 958:

I can look at an amazing sunrise or sunset. a miracle baby. a cancer survivor. a restored family. a recovering addict. this beautiful moon.

And I can see Him.

I know it's His work. I know He's beautiful.

Then. Within moments of snapping a picture of His work. While I'm trying to upload the picture and I accidentally shove my SD card into the CD slot. and it gets stuck. I'm quick to forget about Him and jump to other resources.

When they don't work. I get discouraged. I overreact.

I realize. in the big picture. wrecking my computer and losing an SD card of pictures is very minor.

I redirect my focus on Him.

I go to what should have been my first resource. Him. I pray.
And wouldn't you know it. I tip the computer one more time and out it comes.


And I see Him. Again.

Lord, help me to not be anxious about anything. Big or small. But in everything. by prayer and petition. with thanksgiving. Help me present my request to You. Nothing is too big for You. Nothing is too small for You. Help me set my eyes to You first.

Philippians 4:6

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...