Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Intro to an Intro

I've never actually introduced myself on my blog before.

It's really never been necessary.

After all, my husband, my cousin, and a couple of friends were the only ones that ever read my blog for the longest time. They all know who I am. In fact, I didn't even have an "about me" ditty on the side until just recently. I only recently updated that because of my new found love of photoshop and it was just another page element to create. And while I've made some new friends in the blog world, it's still not really necessary for me to introduce myself in that format. Because after all, if you explore my blog for a little bit, you'll get an idea of who I am.

But.

I've felt like God's been pushing me to tell my story.
I know. It sounds crazy to me too. Mostly because my defense is, "but I don't have a story." And then I feel Him telling me that's crazy because we all do.
It's true, I've read a lot of people's 'stories.' I've often heard them referred to as their 'God story.' A story of the pivotal moment in their life when God intercepted and changed things for good.

I can't relate to that.

God and I go way back and it hasn't always been pretty.

I attempted to introduce myself here when Mary and I started our Complacency Challenge (what a blessing that was to me!). But it was barely a start.

So before I attempt to tell my story, can I just complain that I don't want to share 'my story.' "It's kind of ugly. I don't want to put that out there for just anyone to see." Well A.) What makes me assume they don't think my current story is ugly? and B.) IF they don't think my current story is ugly, maybe they will see how great God really is. and what great work He can do. Really.

So bear with me while I gather my thoughts and attempt to share my His story. Soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...