Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Journey

Today was about the journey.
As I got in the car to go home today it was beautiful out (in the "look at those blue skies, thankful I'm in a heated car and my nose hairs are thawing out," sense).
There was a great song on the radio.
And I was looking above to Him.
I was thankful the roads were finally clear enough that I could drive the speed limit.
And then I slowed down.
I slowed way down and took it all in.
I thought about my journey home.
And my journey Home.
I thought about the choices He's let me make along the way.
The gems He's blessed me with.
The encouragement I've been blessed with.The times I've misfired.
And the time's he's picked me up and directed my attention upward again.
I thought about the staples in my life.
I thought about Him.
And how He is always faithful.
And how He is always leading me closer to Home.

If you happen to check out Hickstionary Project 365, you may have noticed another analogy to the journey tonight. He's always hitting me upside the head so good at making His point clear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...