Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I've Been There

I did it again (remember this sweet girl? and countless more I haven't posted about..). I messaged a stranger on facebook. At least this time I had met the person in real life before (once).

I was on Holly's page and read her friend's status. She was questioning why God does the things He does.

Lord knows I've been there.

Heck, most of you know I've been there, too.

So I prayed for her. There was a gentle whisper to send her a message. It was gentle enough I could quiet it.

Moments later, as I was catching up on this week's Bible study, it finished with the following message.

"Christ has a purpose in our pain or He never would have allowed it."
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
The primary reference of all things is the suffering of this present time. All circumstances will work together in cooperation for the believers good- that is, the believer will be conformed to Jesus Christ now and reign with Him later. God does everything, including redemption, in order to accomplish His overarching plan.
"Until you surrender to His purpose in the specific matter at hand, He cannot work it for your good. Do you know what that means? It all happened in vain- for absolutely nothing."

That Whisper got louder. It blessed me. I thought it might bless her too. And you know that I sent it to her in a message. I fear my heart for the Lord comes across as nutty sometimes (most of the time?).

But He loves me anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...