Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Greetings from my couch

Just checking in with an update.

My gallbladder was successfully removed on Wednesday. I had another bad reaction and spent the rest of the day and evening vomiting. They did give me extra fluids which has helped flush me out and I'm doing much better today now that I can keep pain pills down. The hardest part of recovery has been for B. He misses his mama and daddy and doesn't understand why he can't do his normal climbing in my lap. He spends a lot of his time with me saying 'mama mama mama' which is both adorable and sad at the same time. He did knee me good in one of my incisions so I'm guessing that one will take a bit longer to heal but otherwise I seem to be healing quickly.
We've been super blessed with help for B and even some meals. We appreciate everyone's help and prayers a whole lot! Thanks for everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...