Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Yours

Does God ever beat you over the head with repeatedly share a lesson with you (or are you a faster learner than I am)?


I'm stubborn. I like control. I like plans.


And I'm a slow learner.




With that combination, as you can imagine, God 'hits me up side the head' plenty.

Often times a verse will follow me around for days, weeks even, until I take action.





I recently typed in B's baby book, 'We are so blessed to call you ours.'

Even as I typed it I knew it wasn't true. Not really.


Not Beckett, not this house that my husband built, not the reliable car that he bought me to drive, not a single thing we hold on to.


None of it is ours.






This beautiful devotion really spoke to me today. At first because that is us. We are the family that is being blessed over and over again right now. God is using friends and family to provide for us in so many ways.

And then, in closing, she says,


'Lord teach me to treat all I have as Yours.'


Yes, last night I told Rusty, "Okay. You can sell the house. I know it's not ours. I know it's just a 'thing' and a so very temporary thing at that. I know it doesn't matter where we live. I know it's really His anyway and I know He will provide."





And then I went and hugged the kitchen sink.....




Like I said... I'm a slow, slow learner.



I'm so appreciating all of your prayers during this time of refinement. Love to you guys!






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...