Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RAK Challenge #12


It's time for another week of Random Acts of Kindness!


Huge shout out to all you awesome Hickstionarians doing the dare with me!
1. Molly 2. Lisa C. 3. Kelsey L. 4. Deanna 5. Haley 6. Erin G. 7. Jamie 8. Jessica G. 9. Mindy C. 10. Jess R. 11. Bethany 12. Kari S. 13. Mary S. 14. Ashley D. 15. Alison K. 16. Donna 17. Teri B. 18. Mal H. 19. Heidi 20. Elizabeth K. 21. Tab 22. Kerry 23. Jen E. 24. Amy 25. Julie O. 26. Mandy 27. YOU!

My goal is to get 30 on board- would you join us??



Last week's was to leave a surprise for a child. I put together some random Easter treats and had enough kids at our house within a matter of three days that they were all gone before I was able to take them to kids out of the house.

How did you do last week??  Do tell! 







This week's random act:



Commit to praying for someone daily this week.

If all goes as planned, I'll be getting ready to leave the house for gallbladder surgery as this RAK random posts. I had to choose a RAK this week that wouldn't require me to be out and about much. I figure I should have plenty of time for this in the upcoming week. :)

My idea for this one actually came from a client that emailed to let me know they had been praying for me all week and would continue to do so. I have a lot of awesome friends that pray for me but it was cool to have someone I barely know let me know that they were praying for me (and specifically what they were praying). I automatically felt more peace after reading their prayers. I have a lot of friends/family on my prayer list (I use the notes app so I can easily update it) that I pray for daily (and I'm sure you do too) but this week let's think of someone we don't normally think to pray for and commit to praying for them daily for the week. Then let them know that you've been praying for them and will continue to do so (and ask them for specific requests). It's been my experience that everyone needs as much prayer as they can get and we aren't likely to turn it down. :) 

 
 I'd love to hear how this goes for you. You may not want to post details about this one here but if it's a fun story you can share, please email me!


Please join us (even if you didn't jump in last week- you can either catch up or just start where we are)! Check out this post for more info.


Happy RAKing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...