Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Link Love

I actually made it to the computer a little this week. In the midst of pain and hurt, I'm thankful for the encouragement and smiles and good that surround us. Here's some smiles from my week (or so).


My friend Alison shared this article on Facebook. Joy or "Just Wait" when it comes to parenting. I had read the original article before but it's always a great reminder. I love the author's perspective.

Teaching in a college town, we would often have college students needing to present a project and would ask for a group of students for their presentation. On more than one occasion, we had young women teaching young teens about liking themselves. Dove has been running a 'Real Beauty' campaign for the last decade and a lot of times the college students would use parts of the campaign in their lessons. This ad has been making the rounds on social media. The photographer in me likes the photoshop one too.

And to be fair to the guys... here is their version. ;)


A Facebook friend posted part of this poem this week as a status update. I'm not pregnant but I still loved it.  -- 'There's no hurry. We're relaxing in this golden pregnant time, in this pause which is just hers and mine.' --


I have a friend obsessed with Michael Buble´. I kind of am too after seeing this video. Maybe I'll be the crazy mom doing that for B someday (though judging by his mom's musical talent, not likely)......

.....and in the meantime, this video of the two year old bandit is a little more like the B we know. ;)


I loved this article from a recovering Sanctimommy. I could totally relate. I've used social media and the Hickstionary to defend my parenting choices or to make me sound like a better mom to all the ones with judgey eyes. Or worse- sometimes I'll read status updates/blog posts about parenting choices and the mom with the background in child development in me wants to write a counter-post and I become the judgey mom. Ouch.


Off to date night.... on the couch... in sweatpants. Cheers. ;)



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...