Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Puzzle Master

The power went out tonight. It's only happened a couple of times in the five years we've lived here and we have no idea why it went out (but it was kind of nice).

We huddled up by the light of the window where we read books and did puzzles. R had picked out some animal shape puzzles that B hadn't done before. B wasn't real successful on them and disappeared into his room. He came back with an easier puzzle of simple shapes. He rocked those and judging by the way he was motioning for us to clap for him I think he knew it.

P.S. While I'm bragging about the kid can I also tell you he pointed to all the blue shapes and said blue (well, 'boo' actually but those that speak B talk in the house knew what he meant).

P.P.S. I'm just gonna go ahead and admit that working in the 18-24 month room at church had me doing all sorts of skills testing on B today. He'll be in that room in a matter of a few short weeks and I found myself comparing him to the other kids in the room. Why do we (please tell me it's not just me) do that? I know he's perfectly ready to move up. I know he's doing just fine. Yet, I still found myself in teacher mode working through a checklist of skills.


Anyhow...... B is a puzzle master and he aced the skills test. ;)







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...