Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

H Family Easter

We hosted Easter at our home this year. (Most of) my siblings and their families came to spend the night Saturday night. The kids played and played, took baths, then went to bed. B was exhausted the next morning and we had to actually wake him up to make it to church on time. (Check out all that hair coming out of the crib. I think it may be time for another hair cut....)

After church Sunday morning we headed home to get brunch ready. In between prepping, we had an Easter egg hunt. We placed the toddler friendly eggs (filled with stickers, gummies, goldfish, animal crackers, etc.) on one side of the yard and the bigger kids' eggs on the other. Uncle Todd hid the big kids' eggs and some of them were pretty tough to find. (He dug up grass and buried them. Seriously!) B had been practicing hunting for eggs all week so he knew what to do. He had fun running around the yard but once he spotted the little car in the big kid section, he had to go check it out! (Todd randomly put some 'props' in the yard so there were more places to hide things.)

Once the egg hunt was over, we headed in for brunch. (I made this french toast casserole again along with breakfast burritos and bacon wrapped smokies. We also had fruit, lemon bars, cinnamon rolls and Scratch cupcakes.)

Since it was Dakota's special birthday (he's FIVE now!), he even got a Scratch cupcake all to himself. He was in doggie heaven.

After filling our bellies and counting the loot in the eggs and baskets, we played some Easter games with the decorated hard boiled eggs. Our favorite was Egg Jarping. I could have won every round but I didn't want to hurt everyone else's feelings. :) I wanted to hunt down a sling shot so they could do some target practice with their leftover eggs but we settled for throwing them instead.

Once all the excitement was over and most of our guests had gone home for the day, I realized we hadn't taken a family picture. I had already changed into my sweatshirt and B wasn't really in the picture mood but we snapped the shot anyway. I haven't been doing great on my quest to 'get in the shot' lately so I'm glad we got one quick.

How was your family's Easter? Do you have any fun or unusual traditions?











LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...