Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 on Tuesday (8.31-9.6)

1. I went out to lunch with a friend from work (she retired last year). It was so fun to catch up with her! I snapped this photo before leaving because it was the best hair day I have had in a month. R had been telling me the last week I looked bigger (he quickly changes it to 'baby looks bigger') but  I didn't realize it until seeing this photo. Baby H does look bigger! (I know it's a repeat. Sorry.)



2. (One day last week... I cant remember when) I clipped some boxtops before running out the door to meet this guy for a quick lunch. We have big plans of doing lunch once a week but so far it's only worked for both of us once.



3. The links post had me going back to read about R&I's Creston days together and had me craving Cactus Bread. Guess who went and got me some?! :) YUM.


 4. I had a few Southern Iowa shoots this weekend so we headed south for a couple days. Miss Mo was around to hang out in between sessions and we had a good time. We finished off the last box of Girl Scout cookies that was in the freezer then went for a 'treasure hunt.' She found a snake she wanted to take back but settled for just the picture. Thank goodness. Yuck. (And yes, I'm aware we're about to bring a little boy into this world. But that doesn't mean I have to like snakes.)


 

 5. She thought it would be a good idea to see how many different things she could make out of sprinkles. She was proud of inventing shaving cream sprinkles until she realized the green dye was not coming off. She wanted to know why no one told her sprinkles would dye your skin if you put them on your face. "Someone should have told me that."

6. R bought some internet thing (real technical, I know) so he could watch the ISU game. He was pretty bummed I had photos and we couldn't go to the game but he was a good sport about watching it this way instead. Mo also got in on it. :)

 

7. When we got back, R started working on some nursery projects. Only a few tears were involved. ;)


8. We ate our Labor Day lunch with the P fam. Grandma P always makes the best veggie pizza. I LOVE it!



9. I took a quick siesta under a flagpole. It was beautiful weather!!



10. And for those of you that have been asking....... a nursery photo update. Impressive, huh? ;) Our goal is to get all of the power tools out of there in the near future. We're on the ball like that.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...