Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 on Tuesday September 27th

1. Some lovely gals from work hosted an awesome shower for baby H this week. Some of our favorite gifts are books and of course this group of teachers delivered. Between this shower and our friends one, baby H actually has books that are new (and not from the garage sales). He's one loved little boy!



2. We had some leftovers from the Saturday shower. The lemon cupcakes were some of my favorite leftovers. 





 3. They were apparently Dakota's favorites too. He pulled 6 of those pretty cupcake boxes off the counter, neatly opened them and ate every last cupcake (and cupcake liner). He is generally a pretty good dog and doesn't get into anything but if good food is left out he just cant resist. (I cant really say I blame him though!) I still wasn't very happy about it... mostly because I was wanting to eat them myself, so when I finally started talking to him again the next night he was all smiles over it. 

4. My mom and sister took us baby shopping to get some of the stuff left on our needs list. Since the big shopping day, we've been more excited to work in his nursery.
Baby H's grandma loves him SO much. He got some really great stuff and things that there is no way we would have been able to get without her help. Baby H's family has been more than generous in getting ready for his arrival. He's so blessed! 


5. I posted a '32 week' photo that wasn't really at 32 weeks but it works. I had planned to do the chalk bubble each week and this was the first time I actually pulled it out. I've been a little more consistent with the iPhone in the bathroom mirror photos but even those hadn't been taken for awhile!




6. R won some sort of award when he brought me home jeggings last week. I didn't end up wearing them right away but I did end up wearing them and loved them! I especially loved them paired with this tank dress that Ang found at Forever 21. $9.50 people. Talk about a cheap outfit- and it's my current favorite so you'll likely get tired of seeing me in it!



7. Mom's burlap Toms had been getting all the love around here... until I realized it was boot weather and the Uggs still fit. I cant wait to pair them with the jeggings and tank dress! :)


8. And I have a confession.... I stole a Lollywood frame for Baby H's nursery. I just couldn't resist. I LOVE it! And yes, we know those frames are pretty close to the changing pad. Hopefully he's a good little baby during diaper changes.... ha. Anyway, they are low because originally we had bunting near the ceiling but we ditched that idea.
That little gadget on the table... I can't wait to share about it and our other baby gear. And the blacked out canvas on the wall... yep, that would have Baby H's name on it. I'd love to share it, I really would, but R will most definitely not let me. Sorry!

9. We've been working on thank you's this week. R has been a huge help.

10. And do you have the new facebook timeline? I'm going to quietly admit here that I like it (even without a cover yet!). But I'm pretty sure I'll have to stay off of facebook for awhile once it goes live on everyone's profiles (because I'm sure there will be complaining) but facebook has changed SO many times since it came out (remember way back when facebook didn't have photos!?) and 99% of those changes have been for the better (though I'm still bitter they took away the option to view all comments on photos on the same page). Happy Facebookin'! 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...